Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Brother - my friend


I consider myself extremely blessed to have had a friendship with my "big" brother Chuck.  My brother was 13 years old when I was born.  I'm pretty sure we started our friendship on that day.  He was always my defender & protector. You didn't want to mess with him, if you messed with me.  

Chuck was always the life of the party, cracking jokes and just plain silly.  He reminds me so much of my dad, a compassionate and loving person.  The instant you met my brother, you'd become a life long friend. I will miss our daily chats on the phone.  He'd call just to say hey...or check on the kids.  My brother was always there for me and my family.  I know my kids will miss their uncle and his kindness.  To my kids he was more than their uncle...he was their buddy and at times I think he was also tried to fill in for my dad.  To John, he was a brother and friend.

Chuck, I will miss you so much.  I miss your hugs, smile and laugh.  Thank you for being a great friend and brother to your little sis.  Thank you for being you.  You have touched so many people's lives.  I love hearing the stories about you from others.  The stories are usually about something funny you did or  something you did unselfishly.  

We will always remember the goodness of your heart.  We will remember you always.  


1 comment:

Nesha said...

Grief is so hard my friend. But remember that we were never meant to walk through it alone. God's heart breaks when he sees you struggle, cry, and miss your brother. He knows your hurt and that you want him back, but we have to hold on to the hope that we will see those that miss again. If anything, death reminds us of how temporary our current existence is, and the reality of the importance and promise of our eternal life in heaven with Jesus. You will see your dear brother and father again. Hang on to that promise. Love you!