Friday, September 10, 2010

It's okay to cry.

Why do you cry?  Why do I cry?  
My boys always catch me crying.  They ask "mom why are you crying now...is it a good cry or a sad cry this time"?

I've cried so much lately, you'd think I would have run out of tears by now.

Today I cried because I was remembering my dad as I watched Stand Up 2 cancer.  Remembering his awful death made me so sad. Grieving is ok to do.  But remembering what a wonderful loving dad he was made me cry "happy" tears.
  
Yesterday, I cried because someone told me they were proud of me.  Proud is a word I didn't hear much growing up. Proud of myself too for facing some fears and conquering those fears has made me...yep you guessed it...CRY.

So what make you cry...the loss of someone you love, a broken friendship, maybe even your own broken heart, your child getting hurt...your son hitting the baseball, a hug from someone you haven't seen in a while, seeing your daughter dance whenever she hears music?  I hope you don't hold back those tears.  I'm learning that it's ok to let go and let my tears flow.  Such a relief.

It's ok to cry.  

     

No comments: