Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's day Daddy:


Dear Daddy,
I miss you so much. Tomorrow is Father's day. Oh how I miss your hugs, I even miss you pinching my arm. Just to feel your touch just once would make me smile.
I took the boys to two baseball games today. We first went to our friend Benny's playoff game, and his team won! Later in the evening we went to the Angels vs Dodgers game. I could just imagine the look on your face if you saw the boys in their Angel shirts. And I know what you would tell them..."you can't wear that in my house"...and then you'd grab them and hug them and tell them you were just joking around.
Dad, Connor is almost finished with preschool, he will be in kindergarten in the fall. I can't believe how quickly he's growing. Charlie & Audrey are growing just as fast. They know so much about you. They even tell people stories about you, that I've told them. They ask so many questions. The question they often ask is how did you get sick, and why did God take you. I know they are too young to understand, it was hard for me to understand at first. How could God take the best man I knew away from us...but I understand now Dad. You're home now. I love you daddy.
**Happy Father's day**

Love - Cindy

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I loved reading your letter to your dad.

Dearest said...

Cindy, the letter you wrote was beautiful. Thank you for sharing memories of your dad with Connor, Charlie, Audrey and us.