Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Celebrating Dad:

**This is a day late**

Happy Birthday daddy! We could never forget your birthday...ONE reason was you never let us forget. Oh the "subtle" hints you'd give us...like "my birthday is coming"...or "hmmm what's on August 3rd". Second reason was, celebrating your birthday was always fun. I think because you'd always take us to Laughlin or Vegas (your favorite).

I know you probably hate the fact that we decorate your grave with flowers and balloons. I could hear you now..."why do you waste your money on that crap". The boys have a good time when we visit you. I know you hear them when they talk to you. They love you even though they've never met you. Audrey just wanted to rip up all the flowers, she's CrAzy! John and I continue to tell them stories and show them photos of you. Charlie wants to know if you get to play with our dog Bear (I told him you do...it made him smile).

Yesterday was a good day for us. After we visited you, we went and had lunch at Mi Casa. Cory, Skyler, Kari and Jay were there and had lunch with us. It was a nice get together. We all shared stories and memories of you.

When I got home I had received a bouquet of flowers from my friend Melinda. She said she just wanted to put some sunshine in my day. It did! And also so many people thought of you as "their dad", rather than uncle, brother in law, etc. So many great memories from so many people that truly loved you as much as I loved you. I was so blessed to have such a wonderful, caring and loving dad. I miss you.

I have so many new people in my life...my children, my best friend Rachel, her family, friends from church...I wish they had the chance to have met you and know you.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I loved reading your blog. I'm so glad Malinda sent you those flowers. Very sweet of her to brighten your day!Sound like your day was good.