Monday, August 31, 2009

I miss her:

Talked with my cousin Tricia today...ok not really...just text back and forth. I miss my cousin, my best friend, my little sister...who has always been there for me no matter the distance between us. A couple of years ago she moved from California to Arizona and ended up in Texas.
We grew up with 3 houses in between our homes. She was my maid of honor. I was there for three of her children's births...I mean I was there...I watched and cried with her. I've never had anyone else in my life like her. Her kids are my kids, and I miss them so much.
Growing up we said we take trips together. (I still owe her a trip to Hawaii...you thought I had forgotten...didn't you?) We'd have daughters that were the same age difference as us...3 yrs and 8 months...well we kind of did it...our youngest daughters are 3 years 11 months apart. We said they'd be best friends like we were...kind of hard now that we live so far apart. We use to talk everyday, but now with our growing families and the busy lives we both have, it's not as easy. But I know she will always be there for me and I will always be there for her.
I think it's kind of cool that even though she is so far away, she still knows when I need someone to talk to or just a "hey I'm thinking of you" text or call. I'm blessed to call her my friend, sister and my "favorite" cousin.

**My last 2 posts have been about my best friends...I'm lucky I have a couple in my life, including my husband.

Trish...I pray you come home soon. I miss you and I love you. I want our kids to grow up together, just like we did. I miss being able to walk to your house and just talk about nothing and everything.

No comments: