Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First day in N.Y.


Connor wanted me to call his teachers to tell them we were in N.Y. So I told him we'd keep a journal of our trip, that way he could share with class when we get back.

First thing this morning we boarded our plane that was to leave at 7:45...and then was told to exit the plane, which would then reboard and depart at 9:15...got off the plane and then was told to get back on the plane...WHAT??? I have 3 children, don't they realize how difficult it is for me and John. Any ways we made it on time to New Jersey. The kids did great on the plane. I was told I have a great family...that comment made me smile.

We had a driver pick us up and take us to our hotel in lower Manhattan. The boys loved it that we were in a limo. We traveled through a long tunnel...that seemed like there was no end. We pointed out the Statue of Liberty to the boys. Connor said she looked like a robot.

We arrived at our hotel. Unpacked and headed out for pizza. Pizza in New York is so different...it's just so YUMMY!

Long day of traveling...we are all so tired. Hopefully the rain will stop.