Thursday, April 2, 2009

Prayer

I found this in One-Minute Prayers for Women:

True Devotion

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful ** Colossians 4:2

God, can You work with me on my commitment issues? Build in me a desire to pray. I want to be a disciplined follower. Steady my spirit to stillness. Quiet and solitude prepare me for Your presence. Direct my eyes to be watching for Your answers, watching as my prayers are heard and responded to. I want to see and recognize Your work in my life.
Cause my faith to grow, Lord. Each day that I come to meet with You, may I know You better. Replace my ignorance with Your knowledge. Help me be strong in my commitment to You. Show me how to pray, Lord.


Ok so one of my BIGGEST fears is praying. I also fear public speaking...so praying with others is not really an option for me right now. What is it that I'm afraid of...that the person will judge the way I speak...am I choosing the correct words? I'd love to do it. I want to do it. Maybe I should JUST DO IT! What do I have to lose right? I've had friends and family pray for me and with me. Why do I struggle with it so much? It's not a big deal...it's a HONOR to be able to pray for others and yourself. It's an HONOR to be loved and cherished by Him. Having my prayers answered or sometimes not answered is an HONOR to me. (Not sure why I used the word honor) I have so much respect for what God has given me...so why not talk with Him everyday...get down on my knees and give him THANKS.
I'm working on it, praying. I've even started reading my daily devotional out loud...it's a start right?

...to be continued.

No comments: